MONITORING EQUIPMENT SETTINGS
The Equipment pages will show you a current status of any piece of equipment linked to the iCON system, including but not limited to alert status and current temperatures.
To see any piece of equipment, you must first be looking at the site to which it belongs.
When navigating a site or any of its equipment or alert pages:
Click the Equipment category to the left.
If you are looking up a piece of HVAC or Refrigeration equipment, a submenu will appear with all units listed, sorted by zone.
Click on the name of the unit you wish you inspect.
HVAC UNIT PAGE
The top section of the page includes some of the most important, basic, at-a-glance details of operation, including:
- The unit’s current alert status. Click this icon to jump to the Alert panel if applicable.
- The unit name, type, and zone being served.
- The site ID and address.
- Whether the zone is currently being heated or cooled.
- The fan’s running status.
- The zone’s occupied or unoccupied status.
- Whether or not an override is active. Click this to jump down the page to the Schedules & Overrides panel.
- Zone Temperature. This box also includes the discharge temperature of air coming from this HVAC unit and the temperature outside at the site’s location (based on AccuWeather data).
- Active Setpoints. These can be changed from this screen. Use the plus (+) and minus (-) steppers to adjust the temperature. You can change the default override duration (or the amount of time until this unit goes back to its scheduled temperature when an override is applied) with the Set Override pulldown menu under the steppers.
- If your temperatures are set to Fahrenheit, each step will be one degree; if your temperatures are set to Celsius, each step will be half a degree.
- This will result in the unit being in active Override mode, and the unit’s Override history will include your name and the date & time when you set the override.
- The unit’s currently active schedule, and override information if applicable. Here, you can edit the schedule if needed (For more information, click here (Schedule editing support page link here). If there is an override currently active, this box will display that information and show how long the override has before it is cancelled and the scheduled temperature is back in effect.
- Basic pieces of info intended for unit identification.
More detailed information is shown in a series of expandable panels going down the page, including:
- Unit Diagram & Additional Active Readings. The unit diagram will show alert icons next to any parts of your equipment that are currently triggering an alert status for the unit. The readings shown to the right include more detailed, but less commonly referred to, readings such as humidity, CO2 levels, smoke alarm status, unit staging, and installation date.
- Active Alerts. If the unit has any currently active alerts, they will be listed here with details and links to more information.
- Schedules | Overrides. An expanded version of the “Schedule Information” block in the top section of the page. Here you can switch the unit’s currently running schedule, change override duration, or expand a recent history of overrides for this unit by clicking the See Override History link.
If you change the default override duration to a duration that is longer than the remaining time, the override will be automatically cancelled.
- Data Logs. This panel includes a dynamically generated graph of various data for this unit. You may display up to five data sets on this graph for the purposes of comparison, including voltages, setpoints, effective temperatures, humidity levels, and other information. This function is good for quick comparisons without the need for generating a full report.
- Advanced Settings. These readings and settings are of a more technical nature than most of the above, and are intended to help technicians, installers, and facilities managers diagnose and address more precise issues. For a list of these settings and what they mean, click here (separate page, same one linked from Admin equip settings page). The Advanced Settings panel is not editable here. To learn about adjusting these settings, see Administration: Equipment. (Link to Admin Equip help page here.)